Tuesday, 18 September 2018

Day Eighteen - I Was Surprised!

Today's evening coding session took a twist when I realised there were some flaws in the VERB NOUN interpreter. Mostly around checking if the player has the object they are trying to use. I did some refactoring and reduced some duplication. Good responses to the user makes such a difference to the feel of the game. Trying not to create spaghetti code, I would so love structured BASIC on the Dragon/Coco and call nicely named functions. Maybe the next one will be BASIC09...

Finished off by adding a cheat to get all items (to save time when testing) and fixing some screen update issues. So another day of progress despite the unexpected twists!

The Inconvenient Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment